Tuesday, September 6, 2011

July 5, 2011


President and Sister Crawford and Wesley


Hey,

Well, I guess your all busy with the Pageant.Tthat's funny Ethan's Ishmael 1st son. When I was the second son of Ishmael, the guy who played the first son was a grown man...How old is the 2nd Son of Ishmael?....How old is the girl who plays Ethan's wife? Wait, dad shaved his head? send me a picture! That ringlett beard is the coolest beard I've ever seen!

That's cool you met Bro. Hilton's son. Bro Hilton is the stake Patriarch for the Beaumont Stake.

We met PSC (President & Sister Crawford) last Thursday. They were pretty cool, really nice. He was pretty relaxed compared to Pres. Moldenhauer, not that he changed any of the standards. Pres. Moldenhauer just had an intensity about him. It was different to see Pres Crawford with an Ipad while he spoke. Pres Moldenhauer was using pen and paper. One of his sons got him a IPhone 4. He had no idea how to use it. The assistants struggled for probably 10 min. trying to get their MacBook Pro hooked up to the projector (PSM's was a PC) they eventually gave up.

The works going good. Believe it or not I'm glad to be in the city. Most missionaries don't like it because you don't get to know the members as well because there are so many. But after 7 1/2 months in the country I was starting to feel like I wasn't working hard enough. It felt like we weren't seeing anyone in the evening besides our dinner apt.... because that's the culture in the country, people go to bed earlier. We're working with 3 investigators right now. One's the father of a reactivated family from La. True Cajuns, he makes homemade hot sauce and seasoning from Jalokia (AKA Ghost peppers) I had a LITTLE on my jambalaya the other day....Wheew talk about the fires of Hell. He gave me some dehydrated ones I could try to plant when I get home. I just remembered, he said this pepper comes from India, they RUB it on fences to keep......Elephants away! Yeah, Elephants!

In other news, I heard that Nate Gardner, my trainer, is engaged to Liz Smith, a sister missionary. Wow!

We went out to a place on the edge of our area called Gator Country yesterday for P-Day. I saw a glimpse of the heaviest known gator in the continental US,1300 lbs, and the largest known gator in Texas 13' 4" he wasn't in a good mood so I didn't get a picture, I did get a video but it's to big to email.


So the clock is counting down. I know your all really busy but Mom and Dad if you get the time I would really appreciate any thoughts/advice you have on where, and what study for school next spring. I think I know but you've both walked a path similar to this before and I can see how you could see/know things I don't. I know I thought mom sounded a little.....disappointed I guess at Christmas when I said I was thinking about going to Weber. If you would both write me back about this I would really appreciate it..Ethan too from what he knows about me could give a yay or nay for BYU. Thank you

Well have fun, be safe, stay hydrated, stay sane. Please!
Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment