Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 29, 2011


Elder Tyler Christensen and Elder Wesley Christensen

Hey,

Yeah I did have a better week this week. I received some answers to prayers about why we are struggling, and how we can improve. I also had the opportunity to see a lot of familiar faces this weekend. A lot of the members from Jasper and Fred were at stake conference so that was really nice. A "Tender mercy from the Lord". I saw Ty "Elder Johnson" from a distance, I saw a lot of Guy, I mean Bishop, in him this time, but I didn't talk to him. I did get to talk to Tyler for a few minutes after our meeting with Elder Holland before they strongly encouraged us to go back to our areas. At our meeting on Friday Elder Holland shook everyone's hand, that was cool. I recorded his talk on my voice recorder. It would be so hard to be a celebrity, even a Mormon celebrity. Everyone wanting to shake your hand, etc...I have more respect for the Apostles and First Presidency now. We had a good stake conference too. Pres. Crawford got up and told the stake that "yes, my eyebrows are real" "I was never involved with the Mafia" and said an Elder told him he thought he was a "government hit man" I was thinking to myself "good grief". We also had a good zone conference last Weds. I have one more left on my mission.

I get the feeling form Cameron's Emails that he is pretty excited for me to come home.

Well we're down to the end of Aug. maybe the heat will start to give a little here soon.


A Corn spider on someones front porch we came across while tracting.


I had my Temple Recommend renewed this week by Pres Crawford.

The work is still going pretty slow, but now I'm confident I know what we need to do to pick it back up!
Downtown Houston we had to drive past to get to the Missionary conference.


I need to go,
Love you Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment