Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 8, 2011

Hey there,

I hope you had a fun time at the Cousin Campout.

I can understand how Jacob feels. I was excited to be a senior, and finish school.....Good Times, but I am glad it's him not me.

I think I'm going to make sure I finish the Book of Mormon before I come home also. I'm in Mosiah. (Abinadi)




Elder Vainuku and I are having a great time. We're struggling to find people to see but we're working on it. Just this past week, we received a referral from Bishop. He had received a letter in the mail from a man named John, who had found the church in prison, but had recently been released. We stopped by and he want's to be baptized, but he can't come to church for another 3 mo. because he's under "intensive observation" I guess it's kind of like house arrest. Also, he was in prison for committing a Felony. So I'm pretty sure he can get baptized, but he'll definitely have to be interviewed by Pres. Crawford. (He didn't kill anyone, so far as we know)

We also received a referral from a Member of the church living in Sugarland, Tx. She said she's a convert, she grew up in this ward, and has a friend named Kathy, that she has been talking to her on facebook, that recently went through a divorce, has been reading the Book of Mormon, and wants to meet with us this Weds. So the Lord is blessing us!



Do we get fed? Yeah pretty good, we have a meal coordinator who passes the calendar around R.S. and also tries to fill in the blanks we probably get fed on average 5-6 nights a week. Occasionally, we'll get paid money for our appointments instead of a home cooked meal, (single sisters, family emergencies, ect.) I think I'm going to take that money and buy a new bike seat today, we're doing a fair amount of biking.

We did get a new car this week, well sort of. Our vehicle coordinator had us switch cars with our Zone Leaders because they use more miles than us and their car is also higher on miles. (the church tries to sell the cars at about 50,000 Mi.) So, we still have a 09 Chevy Malibu but now it has 49,000 Mi. instead of 26,000. Both cars have things that are broken on them, but I liked our old car better. We, still have the same amount of miles per month, 1,000.



Shoot, I forgot to shave this morning, I'll have to do it after we go shopping.

Ok, I need to go now
Love you guys.

Get Ethan's papers of asap, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment