Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 1, 2011

Hey,

Yes I'm still in Port Neches. Elder Shepherd got transferred though. He went to Buna. It's a small ward about 45 Mi. South of Jasper. My new companion's name is elder Vainuku (vy (like WHY but with a V) -nuke-ooh) he's Tongan. Not only Tongan, he went straight from Tonga to the MTC, so he's still learning English. So I'll have at least one companion who's not from Ut. I guess Pres. Crawford recently told him to have an hour of language study each morning....Wow, I never thought I would be studying English on my mission. He's been out the same amount of time as Elder Shepherd 7 1/2 mo.

Yes, I got the package, THANK YOU! We were having a rough day and it was exactly what I needed.

The Temple was great, as it always is. I did pray about school. I think I'm still leaning toward Weber because I'm already accepted, I know my way around, I can live at home, it's cheap (ish). But I'm still thinking about it.

Yes, It has probably rained more in the past 2 weeks than it has the rest of my mission.
and the mosquitoes are loving it. :-(

Wow! 20 mo. tomorrow! yikes!

So Ethan's Last Dr. appointment is on Friday? So maybe like 1 mo. until his call?

We're still trying to find new investigators. It seems like that's what I've been doing my whole mission is finding without a whole lot of success. I think I need to ask more inspired questions when we go tracting. We are trying to find investigators, in ways other than tracting also, part member families, Less/In-actives. We got a referral the other day that's in Anahuac (I think I spelled it right). It's on the other side of our area, like 50 mi. away...and there's no phone number! :-( We've got another referral in Winnie, that's like 30 mi. away. It's in the same direction at least. I'm still trying to figure out how we're going to get out there, because we defiantly don't have the miles.

ok well I need to get going

Love you guys Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment