Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 22, 2011



Hey,

Sigh...another adventurous week...And another one to come. I think the climax of last week was getting food poisoning for the first time in my life, and throwing up for the first time on my mission. We are pretty sure it was the hamburgers we had for lunch on Friday. We ate at about 12:3 -45. I started to feel something around 4:00 Shortly thereafter I started my repentance process. 1. admitting I had done something wrong (eat the burger) 2. I was definitely feeling sorry for what I had done. We went home, I took a nap. At 6:45 I completed my repenting by making restitution (doing my best to make it as though I had never eaten the burger) and I will not be eating there again.... So that was fun...Not. Elder Vainuku got sick too but it took him longer to get sick and he never did puke. We are fine now though, don't worry.

Today marks the beginning of probably the most Intense week of my mission. Today is Zone P-day. Weds. is Zone Conference, Pres. Crawford has lengthened this one by 3 hrs!! We also found out this past week that Elder Holland will be speaking to the 3 Houston missions Friday evening (I'm going to try to get a picture with Tyler, I mean Elder Christensen) The reason Elder Holland is in Houston is because he is reorganizing a Stake Presidency. Well, that Stake Presidency is the Beaumont Presidency. So he will be speaking at our stake conference on Sunday which will be held in the Port Aurthur building. That's right, the church I go to each week. It's going to be a week never to be forgotten.



Elder Vainuku and I have been really struggling with finding new investigators. I think that's something I've struggled with my whole mission, but is really hitting hard now. I don't know that I ever really learned how to find...I learned how to tract, and contact, but I don't think I learned how to find. Yeah it's discouraging/frustrating, Am I the happiest I've ever been on my mission right now? No. Am I going through some stuff right now? Yes. Am I working what I judge to be my hardest/smartest, and am I going to get through it? YES! (It probably has something to do with there not being any 7-11/Slurpees down here. Can you believe that?!? no slurpees! And it's way hotter that Ut.<:-))

Is Robin a Freshman now? I was trying to figure that out the other night. If I remember right she is 14? If she's 14 she would be a Freshman this year. If that's true !!!!!!!! When did that happen!

My goal right now is to make it through the rest of August, it should cool down a little in September and should really cool down in late Sept. - Oct.

Well I need to go. Good luck adapting to the school routine.
Love you guys, Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment