Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 6, 2010

Hey there, I got your letter from the 29th (Tues) today. Your are right that does sound like stuff that would happen to us. Just watch, you'll go home and the water tank lid will be found in less than a day. I'm glad you made it to pageant safe. Did you take Flat Elder with you? Which specific apostle is Dad Portraying? I can't believe that was a year ago that we were there.

If it makes you feel any better my life has been just as hectic and crazy as yours.... well crazier than normal anyway. So we have this investigator , a one handed,(cancer) 23 year old, Jamaican kid, who has been investigating for about 3 months. Apparently, for some time his plan has been to get baptized between August and the end of the year. Well, on Wednesday (30th) he called us and told us he wanted to get baptized in a week (Weds. 7th @ 10:00). Then he called us two days later on Friday, and said he wanted to get baptized the next day (3rd) with the Sulphur missionaries investigator. Well, a couple of frantic phone calls, an interview, and 30 hours later, he got baptized. In a week he went from being baptized before the end of the YEAR, to being baptized before the end of the WEEK. Go figure! And at the last minute he asked Bishop to baptize him instead of Elder Hugentobler. So bishop had another member run by his house and bring him a towel and a change of clothes.

Yesterday we had Zone P-Day. The zone got together in Orange Tx. and we played crab soccer, ( didn't work to well with shorts + Garments, we only played one game) Basket ball (well, I didn't) and Volley Ball. Today my whole body is sore! Especially my legs and back.

On Thursday Elder Hugentobler and I are going back to the MTC (]Mission Training Camp) in Kingwood Tx. this time with Elders Frakes and Jensen. I don't know why we are going back, but it is not unheard of for more experienced missionaries to go to the MTC. I am excited, Elder Frakes used to be my Zone Leader and I'm glad I have the opportunity to serve with, and spend time around him again.

I got some Louisiana postcards for you. I am going to try and mail them to you next Monday, (Jacque gave me the Pageant mailing address) 10 min. left.

Would you ask dad if he ever held any leadership on his mission?( Trained, D.L., Z.L.) and what he did with his companion(s) (if he had any) that didn't want to work? Don't worry about me, Elder Hugentobler is a very hard worker. Elder H____, (the Stuart's relative) is trying to train a missionary that ( as I understand it) has no work ethic and no desire to work. and that got me wondering about what I would/will do if/when I get a companion that doesn't want to work(hard).

I'm running out of time I love you, hope you all have a great and safe time at Pageant Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment