Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 12, 2010

I thought I would start out today's letter with some pictures of Louisiana.


Here you can see the elevation change.


I thought this was pretty funny.

I thought the population was 1 Billion?



Hey there, I got the letter with the postcards, but no package. Sounds like the only difference in weather is that your not spending the whole day in a white collar and tie.

You remember the videos about missionaries we watched before I left? Well they have a set of DVDs about the same missionaries illustrating different principles of missionary work. The reason I'm telling you this is because we had President interviews the day we went to the MTC so President Moldenhauer and his wife were nice enough to drive us down since he was headed back to Kingwood anyway, he told us to relax, maybe even nap while we were traveling, I think that is the only time my mission president will tell me to relax or nap! Anyway, he told us that as of July 1, the brethren have come out with a new set of Preach My Gospel DVDs and are significantly changing the way they are training missionaries and teaching missionaries how to teach. They are also changing the way missions run, I don't know how it was when Dad was on his mission, but President interviews and Zone Conferences used to be once a transfer (6 weeks). Now they will be once a quarter (3 months). President also said we will be going to the Temple again in August. Don't tell anyone because I'm not supposed to know, but one of the MTC trainers let it slip that President is trying to work it out for the mission to go to NASA (that's all I know.
Is it getting easier to teach? To a degree. I'm definitely better at teaching than I was in the MTC.
Transfers are in a week, exciting times.

So this last week (Friday,Saturday) we went to the MTC in Kingwood, it was a lot of fun. Elder Frakes and I got some Mango slices offered to us while we were tracting. :-) That was a first for me.

I'm almost out of time I hope being cast team leaders is going well. Are you going to put Flat Elder in the Family costune Picture? Remember to stay hydrated and stay safe.

Love you BYE!!!!!
Did I ever tell you I dropped My PMG in a puddle of water? Well I did.
Actually the apex of my cooking right now is throwing a frozen pizza in the oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment