Friday, October 14, 2011

September 19, 2011

Hey,

So, it's been another week. Elder Jensen and I are going to deep clean the apartment today....It needs it. The ward is awesome here, the work is a little slow though. I'm sad to say that "less than perfect" missionaries have been here recently. The work is also unique and different here than any of my other areas. Remember way back in the day when I had my call and you were researching my mission....Well, if you remember that, you'll remember that there was a "cleansing" a few months before I came out....we'll just say this area has a few scars from that event that we are still trying to heal.

Apparently this area has been pretty bad for meal appointments lately....we have a full week this week though....we may have mentioned the situation to the Stake President at a special meeting he had last Thursday with the missionaries to learn where the wards needed to improve in missionary work.

We've been on our bikes a lot this week in order to try to save miles. fortunately Tropical Storm Lee broke the heat.. it has still been getting hot, but not like it used to.

Man, that stinks about Ethan's call. Hopefully he will have it on the 28th.
We had a baptism this past week a man named Curtis. I met him once before he was baptized so I still don't know him that well.

I also went on exchanges with our District leader this past week. He's in a bike area. It was the first day of my mission where I didn't have a car.

Also, as far as I know, this past week one of my recent converts in Mid-County Lee Segura baptized his 8yr old daughter on Saturday. I was able to go back because we had a baptism here the same evening. (Curtis)

Apparently, we are going to the temple again in Oct.

I'm still trying to learn everyone here and meet all our potentials/investigators.

I need to go Love you!

Here is my new address.
704 E. Warring Dr. #240
Dayton, Tx.
77535

No comments:

Post a Comment