Friday, October 14, 2011

October 3, 2011

Hey,

How are you? Actually, I have not received a letter from Ethan yet, nor a package. I was really hoping Ethan's letter would come Saturday, but sadly no.

Wow, West Africa! I was not expecting that. I had guessed Europe. Do they wear pants in his mission? It sounds like it will be hard, but i think he's up to it. I wonder if he will be a Branch President on his mission. I'll bet the missionaries make up a significant part of the priesthood out there. 90's-100's all year ouch!! At least it's not 105 plus the humidity. The weather here has finally cooled off. It has been in the 70s since the first of October. I think we are through with the hot hot weather.

I did enjoy conference. I really liked the priesthood session as well as Pres. Eyrings talk on charity, Sunday morning. I also really like Elder Ballard's talk on the name of the church. I did not get to hear Elder Scott's talk though.. I guess he spoke first? We came to the church Saturday morning and no one had planned on setting up to watch conference. Then when the Bishop and ward Clerk showed up, they couldn't get a signal from SLC! They had to call SLC tech. to figure out what was going on. Turns out our satellite needed to be re calibrated for some reason. So we missed the first 20 min of the Sat. morning session.

Yes, the ward is feeding us. We are still trying to find new investigators. We may have found some, a couple of black ladies that were invited to go the the Gladys Knight concert by their member friend. They are very educated and knowledgeable about religion/bible (surprisingly). We've taught them the first lesson and have a return invitation for next Sunday.

I think I'm entering the last phase of my mission (knock on wood) at least a new stage. I will admit I am starting to get a little "trunky". I saw my name and others listed on a white board in Pres Crawford's office. The list was of missionaries going home in the next few months. That was a dose of reality.

I like Elder Jensen he's a hard worker. He will probably get transferred in a few weeks though, with how long he's been here and then when I have to leave.

Well I need to email Pres Crawford and Ethan,
Love you! Hope you making it with school and everything
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment