Friday, October 14, 2011

September 26, 2011

Hey everyone,

The Dayton area is REALLY dry because it hasn't rained, lakes and ponds are drying up left and right, but it's still more humid than Ut I think. Hotter too.

Yes, I am excited for conference! :-) I'm guessing we will watch it at the church but that could change.
So, I guess the church puts on this performance called Saints United Voices (SUV) Directed by Gladys Knight. Well They came to Houston this week. I guess it's a really big referral generator. We received 3 Referrals for nonmembers yesterday and apparently we are getting some more today from it. So that has been a big thing going on down here.

I got your letters, thank you!

Not a whole lot to report on the missionary side of things. We've really been struggling to find new investigators and too find more effective things to do than tract. Seems like that is the story of my mission, struggling to find new investigators. President says this is a baptizing mission, but I don't see myself as a baptizing missionary.

Our apt. is getting bug control"ed" today, we had to pull everything out of the cupboards and cover them.

Did I tell you we are going to the temple again on Oct. 11?

I'm sorry maybe its because I ran out of milk yesterday so I only had 4 pieces of toast for breakfast, but I can't think of anything to report on.

There is a Chiropractor in our ward. He's helping me fix my Planters fasciitis/tight calf's. I'll have to wait and see if it makes a difference.

I'm just brain dead right now, sorry.

So Ethan wants to learn a language huh... For me the culture shock of Texas, and just trying to learn the lessons was hard enough, I think if I had been sent foreign I would have come home at my own insistence in the first month. I had seriously under estimated how challenging it would be, but I think Ethan is of that kind of caliber that he would succeed in a foreign speaking mission. Not to mention letters/packages are better if your in the USA.

That's crazy that his call's in the mail. You might want to think about having him open it recorded on video.

I'm almost out of time. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment