Friday, October 14, 2011

October 10, 2011

Hey,

Well, another week down. It rained yesterday for the first time in...really since tropical storm Lee. Every week we drive over lake Houston....I mean the golf course lake Houston. Every week the islands are bigger and there is more grass.. and its the only grass around that's green. They say that when the water level started dropping they found that the people with lake front(now beach front) homes had hooked up PVC pipe and had been stealing water to irrigate their gardens.....oops! The weather is nice right now, except mosquitoes, sometime it gets a little warm but not really. We get to go to the temple tomorrow, what a blessing.

Let's see what happened this week.......ughhhh why is it so hard for me to generate a long descriptive email for you guys? We've been trying to stay busy. President Crawford has come out with 25 scriptures he wants us to memorize and 100 scriptures he wants us to familiarize ourselves with. We have our Pres. interviews this Weds. (last one until my departing interview).

You asked if I will have to lose weight because the ward is feeding us? Right now I'm at a total gain of 8-12 lbs since I started my mission. I'm trying to keep it that way.

Whoa! Wait! since when were Nick and Sarah having a baby? I know you told me last week but I don't remember hearing anything about them before that. Oh also about 6 months ago you said the Allred's were thinking about moving to UT? I'm guessing that never happened.

Nothing new to report in the way of missionary work sadly. I don't think we were able to meet with any of our investigators/ or potentials this week. Although we did receive a referral for the H.P. group leaders coworker who supposedly stopped the missionaries in Atascocita and asked for a Book of Mormon. He may also have been meeting with other missionaries in Kingwood, since that is where he works, but he lives right by our ward mission leader.

Sorry, no pictures. I thought the library would be closed because it is Columbus day(some of the banks are closed today) so I didn't bring my card reader/camera, next week though I promise.

Oh you asked about my birthday..... The only thing I would ask for while I am still out would be some good ol home cookin. As for after I get back... I want to build a computer in the case that I bought before I left So if dad (since he knows what to look for) sees any good deals online on black Friday or (tech Tuesday? does that exists or am I making it up)? or any other good deals on computer parts I would appreciate those. Basically, when I get back I would ask for help in doing that, buying a laptop, maybe some movies that have come out, and school( mostly because I'm going to miss sales around black Friday, on the computer stuff).

Out of time, got to go!
love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment