Monday, May 16, 2011

April 25, 2011

Hey,

So, when in the week do you sent the letter. I haven't been having trouble getting your emails. My email says I got it at 5:41 last night. It's probably because Monday P-day is a standard that SLC has set. That means all 50,000 missionaries are getting emailing. They are saying it takes 1-2 days. That's a lot of email.

As for the Focal Point, the mission news letter, whenever we have a baptism we submit the picture to the mission office and then it's up to the office staff what makes it in. I'm not sure that every picture of every baptism I've been apart of has been sent in. I know that Brother Dillard sends every baptism picture he takes to the mission office. The assistants even called us when Nate, Elder Gardner, and I were in jasper and asked us to send in a picture for the focal point and then it wasn't in the focal point, but then the same picture is in it 2-3 months in a row. So, I don't know. I am sure With Brother Dillard we will have a picture in it.

So this past week we set a Baptism date with this kid named Richard for Aug 20, 2011. The reason it is so far out is because that is the Saturday after he turns 18. Right now his mom won't let him get baptized, but her heart is being softened. Richard is really a miracle, he investigated/studied the church, by himself, prayed to know if it was true, then went against his mothers wishes and showed up at mutual one night where the missionaries met him. That was before I got here.

Do I miss Fred? A little I would've been fine with staying, but it was the right thing to move on.

I interviewed a 9 yr old boy named Joseph for baptism on Wednesday,(one of the Cleveland missionaries investigators). It was a cool experience. I don't know if District and Zone Leaders interviewed candidates for baptism when Dad was on his mission.

Today is our Zone P-day. We're meeting with all the other missionaries in the stake in Kingwood and having a BBQ, playing ultimate Frisbee, capture the flag, and soccer.

Thanks for the Easter packages. Yeah, we had somewhere to go. We went to the Thrifts, the older couple, who served their mission with the Cedarloft's in the Palmyra Temple.

I'd better srite Cameron. He's "so happy that you are coming home soon!" and then like 7 smiley faces.

love you guys~ Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment