Monday, May 16, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hi Everyone,

That's so weird that Elder Gardner's (Nate) homecoming was yesterday! I don't think I really comprehend it. FYI: The story he told about Tiffany was an investigator in Jasper, she was baptized just before I got there.

Yeah, Bro. Dillard just takes pictures randomly, he takes a lot of "real" pictures.



It's week 4 of this transfer already, Holy Cow! Last Friday we went on exchanges with the Assistants, no real reason why (that I know of) we weren't rebuked at all. The assistants don't have their own area. Each transfer they go on exchanges with the Zone leaders, new missionaries and their trainers, and a few other companionship's. One of the assistants, (Elder Orndorff) was in my MTC District. This past week Elder Hoffman( the Stewart's cousin) got released as an assistant. I'm pretty sure to be with a missionary who was having problems with his companion. It was really weird, being in the middle of a transfer. Anyway, we had a lot of fun on the exchange, we split up and had a good time.

Our investigator Josh was baptized on sat. 4/16/11 as you know. It went well, I spoke on the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Elder Tracy spoke on Baptism.



On Wednesday we were supposed to be Paul Bearers for our Meal coordinator's Brother's wife..Long story. Anyway, we showed up and found out at the last second they didn't need us. Well, you can't just leave or break the caravan, that would just be rude. So, we went to the funeral service too. It was held in a Catholic Church. Fortunately, none of the family were practicing Catholics. Don't ask me why it was at a catholic Church. So, that was interesting.
After the funeral a member invited a lady he bumped into on a church tour/ lesson. She accepted. The only problem was that she wasn't there to learn, she was their to compare. It was one of the most frustrating lessons I have ever taught. In fact she preached Pentecostalism to us for half of the lesson. Aghhh.



I'm trying to tell more missionary stories, I hope I'm doing better.
We found out that one of our better investigators, Chis, is in jail now for traffic fines...something or other, hopefully he will be out soon. He's a member referral, we ate supper at his house on Wednesday. His wife/girlfriend (we're not sure) came to church with...I think it is his less active mother yesterday.

Oh, I haven't looked at the memory card you sent back yet, but I think the old guy was a less active member in Lake Chuck named, Dog...Yup he's a character. Was he in a power chair?



Well I'd better go,
Love you Guys

No comments:

Post a Comment