Tuesday, March 22, 2011

February 22, 2011

Hey guys!

I knew the mission President's name and that he was from La. but that was it. Yeah I think I'll have him for about 5-6 months. I think the switch is about July first.

Yeah, Sister Moldenhauer and I were starting to suspect I had an allergy. I've been taking "Walmart" Clariton for about a week now and I'm doing a lot better. I think the allergy + full days of work led to coughs/colds on top of the allergy both years.

We are spending about a day a week working in Silsbee with Elder Gardner and his companion. But the work is picking up...well kinda.

We have an investigator named Dennis he is in his 50s. He's had some bad luck in his life, he has no water or power, not much to his name. He needs a ride to church (20-25 miles one way) each week. He says he wants to be baptized and that he feels like the Lord has answered his prayers, that this is the true church. Right now he has a Baptism date for 3/12/11 we know he has a smoking problem but were going to talk to him about that today.

The reason why I said the work was "kinda" picking up is because you can't push a rope. It is getting frustrating trying to push the leaders of the branch to get on board with missionary work not just converts, but less active work too. In our Branch Council meeting Sunday afternoon the branch president asked us about our investigators then said: "I see Dennis made it to church" and that was all that was said about him. The branch has 4 focus families it's working with (Bro. Balla and the missionaries gave them 7 names, they took one and added 3 of there own). Well, one has become active so they dropped him off the list. They weren't going to add anyone in his place I had to ask if they were going to add someone to the list then suggest someone.
Missionaries do probably 85-90% of the work with the focus families anyway.....sigh I'm just frustrated, of the "oh well we tried, that's to bad" attitude. so I'm venting. Bro. B had to drive 70 miles in order to pick Dennis up and drop him off because other arrangements couldn't be made with someone who lives closer. I Don't know that's not my call to make. I'm just tired of it all.

Yes, please do send me a family calender, thanks!

So, Saturday, Bro. Hatton, (the members we live with) had us planting potatoes in the morning instead of studies. I personally dropped 1300+ (I stopped counting) potato chunks into the earth.

Also, could you find out when school registration is for next spring semester? Depending on when that is I'm going to need to really decide where I'm going to go and what I'm going to do, or if I want to wait a semester to try and figure that out.
I'm going to try and send a package home in the next few days, no promises though.

Alright I need to go,
Love you guys by :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment