Thursday, September 9, 2010

August 30, 2010




Hey,

Sorry it's taken this long to email you guys. There was a chemical spill somewhere on the I-10 so the Transfer Van was REALLY late. My new companion is Elder Serdar. He was also trained by Elder Gardner. He's been out about a year, was just called as a District Leader, and is from Sandy, Ut. I was told that Elder Hugentobler went to Jasper, but I'm not sure how legit that info is. I also heard that 48 out of 52 companionship changed with 10 area flushes (both missionaries pulled out and 2 new ones put in).



Yes, I got the package I haven't had a whole lot of opportunities to use the towel (chill-it) yet, it's been a little cooler lately, but it seems like it will be really nice.

Speaking of which, there used to be Sisters in Lake Charles before I got here. Well they moved us into their apartment because it is a little nicer, so now our box # is 312 instead of 826.

Today it poured rain while we were coming back after meeting the transfer van in Vidor. I don't think I can accurately describe how hard it was raining. Maybe it was like trying to drive when that red/purple part of the storm went over our RV at pageant.

On Thursday I will have been out 9 Months, the same amount of time as a school year. Wild!

Man! Last P-Day we went to the Creole Nature trail with the Sulpher missionaries and one of their investigators, and we got some sweet pictures of alligators, but I left my SD card reader at the apartment.



The work has been kind of slow lately. Especially with moving apartments, and transfers. But we press on, we have 3-4 appointments lined up this evening so we are having some success.

The CD player in our car has stopped working, so that stinks. I'm thinking about loading the songs onto my voice recorder because it has a headphone out jack and the car has a microphone in Jack so theoretical I could play the songs from the voice recorder into the car.



Well, I need to go. I love hearing from all of you, Love you Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment