Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 23, 2010




Hey,

Hope you make it through the next week or so. Transfers are next week, anything could happen, but probably I'll stay and Elder "H" will leave. I'll let you know next week for sure. I just realized today is probably Tyler's first P-day in the MTC....Memories. Oh I forgot to tell you when we went to the Temple, President got us all together for a Mission conference, and as we were leaving I happened to walk by a Spanish Elder who says he was in the 3rd grade with me, Brett Jenkins. His name sounds familiar but I'm not sure I remember him. Weird huh?
How are they changing the PMG? What they're doing as I understand it so far is simplifying it. Teaching missionaries to teach simpler, by the spirit and from the scriptures. The lessons/PMG hasn't changed, they are just teaching us HOW to teach better. You remember the Videos we watched on the projector before I left? They came out with more as a part of this. They are in California this time, and they show what NOT to do as well as what to do. They show bad lessons as well as good to help missionaries recognize the difference, truly they're more relate able. They are going to start teaching the missionaries in the MTC this next May why I don't know.



So yesterday it was about 95 F-100 F (which means 118 real feel). We picked the shadiest street we could find and started tracting it. We weren't having much success, then we contacted a guy named Jonathan who was walking down the street. Basically, his questions led us to teaching a Lesson !! AND he under stood that we claimed to be the 1 true church with the authority. He asked us for our contact info, which we happily obliged in giving him. The only down side, he and his family live in the middle of nowhere, a little "town" called Reeves (you can try to google it if you want) it's just barely in our ward boundaries. I don't think I've ever had someone understand priesthood authority, and tell us he was searching for truth in the first contact....It was pretty cool. He has studied the Bible a lot! The Bible says something about not filling "the Lusts of the Flesh" so his family doesn't watch TV because of what is out there! I'm excited to see what happens with him.

There is a dentist in town who is a member who says he can make me like grind guard, Invisaline plastic thing that should hold my teeth in place he said he talked with on Orthodontist at the practice he works at and the ortho said that should work.The Best part, it's free! If you like you can talk to Dr. Rampton about it and tell me if he thinks a retainer would be better. I'm going to set an Appointment for this week probably Weds. Evening. So if Dr. Rampton says get a retainer you might want to call the Mission office to let me know. If you even want to ask Ramtpon about it.

Alright almost out of time Love you By!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment