Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20, 2010

Hey there,

I think I'm doing as well anyone could in these circumstances. The humidity has been down the last couple of days so that has been really nice. I think it might be starting to cool down a little, just in the mornings, and evenings. It might just be a localized cooling not seasonal.

If you want to, you can include in the news letter that Elder Serdar is( well was/Will be) a professional Halo player, I forgot to tell you that. This coming week Elder Serdar has to go to Kingwood for a leadership conference for 4 days. Since it is so far away I am going to be spending the week in Sulphur with the missionaries there. Elder Serdar and a few other missionaries will stay in Kingwood with the assistants. Most of the Leaders that will go to that conference will get back to there areas every night. But president decided we're just a little to far away for that. So if you send any mail I won't get it until Friday night at the earliest.

I actually had stopped cooking pizzas because it was getting so hellishly hot outside that the AC in the old apartment was having a hard time keeping up, and firing up the oven didn't help any. Mostly now my lunches are either eating out, or yogurt and a can of straight tuna, no mayo or anything. I did PB&J for a while but gave up on that also. Don't worry, if I wanted something tastier I would go too the trouble to make it. On the bad side of food, our meal coordinator is scatter-brained. We have had 3 dinner appointments, 2 of which WE set up, in the last 3 weeks Besides the standing appointments we have on Saturdays, & Sundays. The Bishop and the Relief Society President are working on it though.

No we didn't figure out what kind of spider it was, Elder Serdar took a video of it on his HD video camera I'll try to remember to stick it on a memory card the next time I send one home. I'm pretty sure it was not a tarantula though, it was fast. It looked like a giant Hobo, or wolf spider, but I have no idea what kind it actually was.

Thanks for the address, I also have the Houston mission address from the ward newsletter (Ty's address)

On Saturday, we get to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. That's always fun. Both of our Zone Leaders have actually served in Lake Charles before, so I'm looking forward to it.
I'm still working on the retainer. Both us and the dentist have been really busy. I'm going to try to do it today some time.

So this week some old lady gave us $20 because her son is a Mormon and was a missionary. So we decided to use the money to get some Ice cream and dinner. Well, at the ice cream parlor the lady who served us asked US questions about religion. She was at work but she said we would meet with us and wanted to learn more. It was a pretty cool miracle.

Well I need to go I'll talk to you later.
Love you
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment