Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 16, 2010



Wesley at the Houston Temple
Hi,

Ugh.. I'm tired. We had a great week though! On Wednesday we went to the Temple. We got up at 4:00 left at 4:50 and got to the temple at about 8:00. We did have a quick breakfast at McD's Yuck! On our way back, most of the missionaries from Beaumont and Orange Zones stopped for dinner at IHOP. Yum.

On a less positive note, we have ants in our car! :-( Remember the gray Volvo? It's not that bad. They're not flying ants and they're just under the Passenger seat...where I was keeping my GPS!!! For about the last 18 hrs. I have been shaking ants and Larvae out of it (SD card slot). Right now I've got most/all of them out...And it still works Hooray! I'm going to buy some compressed air and blow it out and some raid to spray in the car.

We did have the Baptisms on Saturday. I was able to baptize two of the Daughters. There are two sets of missionaries in the ward and the other set had a baptism as well. So, 5 people were baptized on Saturday and Confirmed on Sunday.



Wesley and Elder H

We had a new investigator come to church too! We gave her and her friend a church tour on Saturday only, someone took down the stuff after we set it up, before the tour (We set it up, left then came back). She was concerned that, I think it was Jim Jones, the coolaid/cyanide guy back in the 90s was involved with us, we assured he was not.

There is a member here who is a dentist that I am working with about my teeth, he said he should be able to do it but he wasn't at church yesterday. If it doesn't go anywhere I will go to the dentist the Mission office recommended 70+ miles away.

Got to go
Love you all
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment