Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 9, 2010

Hey there!

I hope you all had fun in Colorado. I sent you a package today, It's full of stuff I have acquired and don't really need. I also sent back a bunch of letters you guys have sent out. If you could put the stuff where it will be safe I would appreciate it. I am sending home a cook-book (not the one you sent out) that you can keep and try some of the recipes in it, if you like. The winter coat is not in that package.

In a weird way I have come to appreciate the Plan of Salvation more. I guess you could say I had/having "a mild quarter life crises". I'm almost 20! My life will never be like it was before my mission, maybe for a few months...or weeks.

Anyway, our Baptisms should happen this Saturday, finally. At this point we have a lot of people we tracted out who said we could come back. We just haven't been able to teach them yet.
Apparently, in at least this part of LA. it is illegal to solicit. Tracting isn't, but some people don't understand that. There is a story that goes with this that is on the voice recording.

I wish I could think of what else to write....It's HOTTTTT!

Right now our time is spent between tracting, teaching a few less actives, a lot of recent converts, trying to get back with people we have tracted into, and teaching 2 investigators plus the family that is getting baptized on Saturday. Both the other 2 investigators smoke, one of them frequently bears his testimony about the church, just can't quit smoking, the other one was a media referral. He has some mental challenges. He's all there he just has trouble putting his thoughts into words.

I'm almost out of time I love All of You. hope you are staying safe and having fun. Enjoy the last of the summer.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment