Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 28, 2010

Hi Everybody!
Yesterday as I was sending my email the computer logged off. Grrr.....
Alright, here we go again.
Sorry I didn't email you yesterday morning. I HAD to go golfing, but I didn't want to pay the $30 so I just drove the cart around for 5 1/2 hours as the battery got lower and lower. Elder Gardener locked us out of our duplex yesterday and the owner (a member, lives next door) wasn't home. Fortunately, there was a window unlocked that we could crawl through.

We find out if we are getting transferred on Saturday evening. We don't know where only that we are getting transferred that next Monday.

I think I am finally getting over whatever illness I had. Whether a virus or infection I don't know.















I've only had Gumbo once so far, but everything else (as well as the Gumbo) has been delicious and flavorful. The only thing I've had to eat that I truly could not stomach was eggs, like for breakfast or lunch.

Hmmm..... It doesn't surprise me that Carissa is getting married first or quickly, but it does surprise me that she is getting married THIS QUICKLY!

The email system we have to use is very basic and doesn't have a save draft button that I can see. I am just going to start writing my letters in Microsoft Word first and if I run out of time I can save them to my memory card. I got all of your letters yesterday. Robin is so funny with what she writes. Have you read any of her letters before you mail them? Hopefully, it will work and you will be able to see that I got a cheap SD card reader from Walmart. {For sending Pictures}

No, I did not get to go to the Temple during the MTC (Mission Training Camp at the Mission Home). I haven't had a chance to go IN the Temple yet either. The youth in our Branch had a Temple trip and President Mouldenhaur said we could tag along IF they brought nonmember friends to the Temple, dance and chili cook off in Beaumont that evening. So, we got to sit in the annex next to the distribution center and visit with the nonmembers. The branch also took everyone out to lunch at CiCi's Pizza. We didn't get to go to anything but the lunch and the Temple. Hope that makes sense. {see pictures in January 21, 2010}

Yes, we got our baptism on Saturday. Elder Gardner baptized him and I did the confirmation the next day in primary because he was late to sacrament meeting. We have a bunch of potential investigators. Hopefully, we will be able to meet with some of them today. We have one baptism date for February. I told you about her. She and her member fiance need to get married first. We have an older disabled lady who says she wants to be baptized. It might be more for friends and not really about beliefs, but who knows at this point.

Got to go Love you!


We have had crazy weather here. I took some pictures of the temperature from the car.













































Which one just doesn't belong?

No comments:

Post a Comment