Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 13, 2010

Ok so first I am going to answer questions. First, I can't drive until I've been in the field for at least 1 transfer, then my companion and I take turns. Ethan: I go to the whole (sunday) block @ 10 plus Ward Council @ 9 and Ward Correlation from 1 to 1:30, but its not too bad because I'm up at 6:30 and in a suit by 8:00 anyways. Jacob: yes, some of the redneck jokes are true. So far the best thing I've eaten has been homemade chicken pot pie, its different from home but almost as good. I got all your letters on monday so that is how long the mail is taking.

So the nine year old didn't come to Church on Sunday (the 3rd), so the branch president syas he has to come at least twice in a row before he gets baptised. He came on the 10th so now he needs to come on the 17th so we can baptise him on the 23rd. Last Tuesday we visited a single lady that the previous missionaries had had some contact with but all we had was a name and address. We visited with her for about 10 minutes and left. A week ago she called and said she wanted to be baptised!! We were VERY surprised. I think she is interested because the missionaries are the only religious people to ever visit her (she has arthritis and can't go to her church anymore). She has a lot of ingrained beliefs that will need to be changed but I think she is sincere in her desire to come closer to God. We are still trying to meet with a guy who seems interested and has read some of the BoM but is living with some Pentecostals who won't let us teach him at their house, but we are going to try and teach the first lesson tomorrow.

Monday and Tuesday we went down to Kingwood for the MTC (Mission Training Camp). We each spent a day with an assistant and went through some workshops on how to be better missionaries (yes one of the assistants was Elder Spackman).

What was Holly's package? I got a letter from her but I don't remember a package. Did you read Robin's letter? I'm going to save it to show her in the future. On Saturday I got a picture of the car's thermometer at 18 degrees, and on Sunday we had to defrost the windshield with our hands and a gift card. We've also got our hands on some habenero and chipotle popcorn, we're going to hold a contest on who can eat the most.

I might buy an SD card reader so I can email pictures as well.

I got the information for the plaque but I left it at the apartment {we think he's emailing from a library?}. Ask dad if he has any recommendations for the scripture, I'm thinking Alma 26:27. Its something along the lines of "I will not boast of myself but I boast in my God, for in his strength I can do all things". Also, would you please go to toadland.net and give Bro. Read {an old seminary teacher} my email address so I can ask him questions? I have a lot of stuff in my old Seminary binders that I'd like to have, but I don't know what for sure, there's also a lot of files on the site.

I have to go, I love getting your letters. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment