Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 20 & 21, 2010















Temple Trip Saturday


Hi,
Long story short, I am "borrowing" a computer from another missionary @ the library that I probably shouldn't be on. That's why I said I'd email you tomorrow. Things are going great. I will have the first baptism in the area since I've been here on Saturday (hopefully). We have a number of potential investigators. We will have to see if they are ready to receive the gospel yet. We are getting fed a lot of meals, but it is boring to eat the same stuff @ lunch over and over. I heard the librarians getting mad that I'm on the computer.
Got to go Bye
Wesley

Fresh off the Plane

January 21, 2010
Yesterday we were down in Beaumont for Zone P-Day. After we left the library we saw an accident happen not 100 feet in front of our car. An elderly gentleman in his ford explorer made a left across our side of traffic, so towards our right, and a dodge ram 1500 truck slammed on his brakes and plowed into his back above his rear right wheel. Everyone was alright, but the medics tool the elderly mans wife away in an ambulance. We are pretty sure it was just procedure and she is or will shortly be fine. We stayed just in case the police wanted our info. but they didn't.



Picking up Elder Christensen (Wesley) from the Mission home. December 23,2009



I am still sick. Sister Moldenhauer had another stronger prescription of antibiotics called in. It is really frustrating no just because I am still sick, but because I can't visit anyone without having to talk about how I am still sick. I can't go to the Dr. because there are no doctors in the area that take the churches insurance. All the members are giving me their home remedies for sickness. Monday night a member chopped up half a garlic clove stirred it in a cup of water and had me drink it! Fortunately, I did not throw up like I think the majority of people would. I am all right though. No need to worry

GOOD Mail Day
.


Right now we have 2 baptisms dates lined up. One is on Saturday for the 9 year old boy. The other is for an older lady in February as soon as she and her member fiance get married (they are living together). I wish I could tell you more. We have a lot of potentials but we need to teach them to see if they are ready.

Now to answer questions. Yes, Cameron play with the extra lego lizard and wheel things as long as they aren't the ones on the shelf.
Some missionaries do use memory card readers to email pictures each week. I may or may not start doing that. The problem is like dad said, size. Maybe I will start taking 2 pics of everything one large for the card and one small for email.
Here is the information for the plaque company before I forget:
Mullett-Hoover, Inc.
184 W. Center St.
Provo, Utah 84601
Mulletthover.com
I would like Alma 26:12 to be my scripture. It may not be that exact reference. The scripture says something like, "I do not boast in mine own strength, but in the strength of my God...He has wrought many miracles in this land for which we will praise his name forever."
Could you please tell me what Holly's Christmas package was. I want to find out if I ever got it. Also, are you talking about Carissa when you say 19 year old getting married?
I think you asked me what I am eating? Well, the members have fed me Gumbo, stews and soups, lots or beef and lots of beans (not by themselves but in dishes), chili. Nothing to crazy though.














Whew, that was close. I almost deleted the whole email by pushing one of the keys under the right shift button, but I was able to get it back by pushing control z.

Alright, I got to go. I look forward to your letters. Love you guys.
Bye,
Wesley




New Years Eve at Ryan Ebarb's

No comments:

Post a Comment