Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 6, 2010

Hey there,

Happy New Year!

I am actually in Woodville right now on exchanges, just for a day or so. I saw my first person driving a lawn mower to the store on Monday! Something I forgot to include last week was that probably 85-90% of people live in trailers or mobile homes. The people down here are very religious, lots of Christian churches. Everybody believes/respects/fears God or Christ.

It will be very hard to drive next transfer because I can't tell where anything is in relation to anything else. It is impossible for me to find anything because I can't get a sense of direction because there are no mountains.

We Actually had to drip our faucets last night to keep the pipes from breaking, not from freezing, but from breaking. Everyone says it is the coldest it has been in years.

So over Christmas Eve and Christmas I felt like I had a fever , I started coughing and it started to hurt when I swallowed. Monday Dec. 28, I called Sister Mouldenhaur and she said she would call a doctor and have him write up a prescription for me. My throat got better after about 5-6 days. I still had the cough although it was getting better. Finally, on Saturday night, January 2, the 3rd President called to tell me a prescription was at Walgreens. We went, but the pharmacy was closed. We went back the next morning (by now my cough has pretty much cleared up) and they didn't have the prescription, but they had one for an Eric Christensen. Yep, you guessed it. We didn't make the connection until that night when we went back to try again. The mission office asked the doctor to call in a prescription for the wrong missionary! Fortunately, we were able to get it fixed that night and I was able to get the antibiotic.

I look forward to your letters.........PLEASE!

Wesley......(hope the story makes sense)

Here are a few shots of my mission apartment in Jasper. I am on the bottom bunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment