Friday, January 1, 2010

December 30, 2009














Hey there,
Happy Birthday Ethan.
Now that I have spent some more time here, I would describe Jasper as a small, humble town. The whole town of Jasper is probably about the size of Kaysville or smaller, except it isn't surrounded by 500,000 people. It has its own Walmart, and a few other stores that Kaysville doesn't. We are in the middle of town and everything is within about 2 miles of us, Walmart, the church, Sonic. Yesterday I went to the eastern most "town" of Texas, Burkville. It has one "restaurant" that we ate at.
Our apartment is a duplex owned by a member. It has a washer and dryer, bunkbeds, a fridge, and a stove. I think it is a pretty nice place all things considered.
I am still not saying "yall" but I am catching myself dropping the "g" off of the "ing". I am not sure if it is more than usual or if I am just being self conscious.
I have had a wicked cough. I came down with it on Christmas Eve (what a better Christmas to miss than one when I'm sick?). I think I picked it up in the airport. Sister Moldenhaurer said she emailed a mission doctor for a prescription for me.
Oh yah, before I forget, please send out a recipe book if possible. I forgot the spice that goes on the chicken quesadillas .
I am in a car area but we are already over on miles and are having to bike if at all possible. Not a good combination with the cough. Don't worry though, I will be fine.
We got a baptism date last night from a 9 year old boy. The Mission goal for 2010 is to double the baptisms from 2009. That means 286 to 534 or there abouts.
Please tell everyone no more chocolate/candy for a while. We both have WAY to much of it.
Please tell everyone to write. It is nice to get letters during the week.
Bye









MTC District













Christmas at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment