Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 6, 2011

Hey,

So, at the Houston airport, it maxed out at 105F yesterday. They say we're breaking records right now. I think normally its like 89F and the old record was in the 90sF. No we are definitely in a drought here. Some of the Magnolia trees ( I don't know if you know what their like, I didn't before my mission) their leaves are turning yellow they are so dry. Gardens are really taking a hit. Whenever it does rain (which is not very often the plants jump 3in. then stop.

I think the last time we will see Pres. Moldenhaure will be on Thursday. We are having Zone Conferences this week. Then we have another Zone Conference on July 1st with President and Sister Crawford.

Right now we are doing allot of tracting and seeing members. We aren't really seeing a lot of success with tracting. We did have a media referral ( book of Mormon, from Mormon.org) from a lady who lives up in Corrigan....20 miles away and literally on the edge of our area and at the edge of T.H.E. mission.

I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Serdar this wast weekend. That was fun. I learned that there is a a new Chevy Colorado at the mission office that will be heading to Livingston sometime soon. Apparently, the office staff found out they can order trucks for the more rural areas. So, 4 of the areas that missionaries have been lobbying for trucks are going to get them. Transfers are in 2 weeks. I think I'm staying, but you never know.

Ok, I'm almost out of time. Hope this email was what you were looking for. :-)

So, I realized I didn't tell you about the pants until after I sent them, They have a rip and I was hoping you could Sew them and send them back out with the CDs. Go ahead and try the food stuff. I think Dad and Jacob might like it.

Love you guys
bye

No comments:

Post a Comment