Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 13, 2011

Hey,

Yes, transfers are next week. I'm pretty sure I won't get transferred, but you never know.

So it's been a pretty exciting week. We had Zone conference on Thursday. We said good bye to President Moldenhauer. It was the last time we will see them until mission reunions. They talked a lot about the hand off to President Crawford....Pres. Moldenhauer made a joke at Zone Conference that we know President and Sister Crawford have to be sanctified because they have 4 daughters.

Also, at Zone conference we got a new vehicle. Turns out our vehicle coordinator used to be on the High Council of the Kingwood stake so he came up to do "rescue missions" some times and saw how rough some of the roads are.....yup, a brand new 2011 Chevy Colorado LT (Z71). I feel really blessed and surprised. I think this is now the nicest vehicle I've driven in my life it had 43 miles on it when we picked it up!

12 days huh? wow! I didn't realize you would be leaving for the Hill Cumorah Pageant that soon. Should be fun though, right?

Oh, yesterday our newly SUSTAINED, not yet set apart, assistant ward mission leader got up in priesthood opening exercises and told the priesthood that he "wasn't bashful", that he was going to be calling on brothers to go to less actives and "rattle their cages", and if anyone said no they would have to stand before god at the judgment and explain why they said no. YIKES!!! Hasn't he read D&C 121? "no power can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood...but by persuasion, long suffering, and by love unfeigned." That is totally the wrong approach to missionary work... I'm a little concerned about this but we'll see what happens.

We're still having trouble finding new investigators. We did meet a black girl with a member(I can't spell her name) she came to church and said she would be back, but we haven't been able to teach her yet.

Well, I'd better go, I hope you don't completely lose your mind over pageant.

Love you guys
bye

No comments:

Post a Comment