Thursday, February 17, 2011

Janurary 31, 2011



Hi,

Happy Birthday! I got you a card but I haven't sent it yet because I can't find any of the stamps I used to have.

Yes I got the shirts and the SD card. Thanks. I thought you were going to be looking into whether I still needed a retainer, and whether the insurance would cover it. I was waiting for an update on that.

Yeah we got the truck. It's nice! Right now it has just over 500 Miles on it. What kind of truck is Shane thinking about that cost 18K? I just know that President told me it was 35K. Maybe because we need 4WD. We really do need it. Maybe that feature is why it cost so much. Also, it's a full 4 door so we can carry other missionaries. Maybe President told me it was more so we would keep better care of it.



At NASA I learned that when the Space Shuttle Columbia exploded and fell to earth. A lot of the pieces fell in the Hemphill, Texas area. Hemphill is only a few miles North- Northeast of Jasper. I thought that was pretty cool that I was that close to where that happened.

We stay busy most of the time. There are a few times where we really don't know what to do because no one is home, and we can't really tract. I love it here though, I don't want to leave.

Today Is Zone P-Day. Actually it is Bi-Zone-P-Day. The missionaries from the Beaumont and Orange zones are getting together in Vidor to play today(not sure what exactly) . I'm exited, it should be a lot of fun.

Just a fun thought. I'm still on the last tube of tooth paste you sent me with. That supply has lasted a long time.

We had our Branch Conference yesterday. It was pretty good. All the stake Reps. and their families doubled the size of our sacrament meeting. Next week is Stake Conference......and Super Bowl Sunday Yikes!! They are broadcasting the Sunday session to the meetinghouses through out the stake. I think the Superbowl is the reason why. The stake center is in Port Aurther, the Southern most part of the stake, like 100 miles from Fred/Spurger.

I hit a possum the other day. The second roadkill of my mission, (the first was a squirrel) it sounded really gross/crunchy!

Alright, I better go if roadkill is the best stuff I can come up with.

Love you guys,
Have a happy B-Day Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment