Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 1, 2011

Hi Everyone,I am glad you enjoyed the birthday phone call from Brother Balla.
You asked what the hog thing was with Brother Balla. Well, Brother Balla owns a farm and he is always trying to get me to help with the hogs. The thing with the hogs is this: he's got about 4 piglets (I think is the word) that he wants me to help him castrate because it's supposed to make the meat taste better.......well, you asked.

The weather has been pretty cold. We saw light flurries of snow, and it iced up Friday night. We spent Wednesday Night through Saturday night with Elder Gardner and his companion in Silsbee because the pipes in our trailer froze and busted. It was Saturday evening before they were fixed. Supposedly it is supposed to get really cold around here again in the next few days. We might try to sleep at a members house because when it's 17 F outside space heaters don't work so well. We had ice on the INSIDE of our bedroom window Wednesday morning.

Thanks for sending the package. I need to send home some SD cards (I've been taking a lot of videos) and a few other things. I promise I will mail your B-Day card tomorrow!

Yes, transfers are next week. I don't think I will get transferred because they have been bouncing missionaries in and out of Fred a lot lately. It would be nice to have a new companion but, a great area, a new truck, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

You asked what area Elder Lundell came from before Fred. He served in an area called Summerwood, it's over by Humble, Tx. towards Houston. If my pattern holds that would be my next area.

Since it can be hard to find something to do in Fred, Elder Gardner is working with President so that we would spend a couple days a week in Silsbee working with them since they have more than enough work to do. I'm a little torn about the idea because its more difficult to work an area the more you are out of it. At the same time though, it really stinks being board and un-producive. Also, it would provide and opportunity to spend more time with Elder Gardner and his companion.

No, I did not watch the Super Bowl and no President did not authorize ANYONE to watch it. Elder Gardner told me if there's any slacking off, letting up, or relaxation of the rules it is either the assistants or Sister Moldenhauer who have pushed for it and President consenting to their counsel.

So Sister Moldenhauer in on a role about being more healthy: drinking more water, eating more fruits and veggies, less sugar, ect. I'm going to try to lose a little weight. This morning I had a Clemintine for breakfast.

Alright, I'd better go.
Love you all Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment