Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 20, 2010

Hi everyone,

I got all my packages thanks.

We got a text from President last night, Elder Gardner is getting released as an Assistant to the President at transfers in 2 weeks His replacement will be Elder Hoffman, the Stewart's relative. Elder Gardner's pretty excited about getting released. He text us last night and said Christmas had come early this year.

We had a really good Christmas conference last Thursday. I don't know if the mission office told you, the mission theme for January through April will be: "Who am I becoming". President gave us Some talks from general authorities to read and ponder on.

Pride and the Priesthood, President Utchdorf
Beware of Pride, President Benson
Repent, That I May Heal You, Elder Anderson
The Fourth Missionary, Elder Corbridge

The last talk was not given at General Conference. It was given to missionaries when he was a mission president. I'll probably send a copy home soon. It's changing the way I look at missionary work, the gospel, and life.

Well, since I can't chat with you, We'll just plan on calling the evening of the 25th. We'll be at our Branch Mission Leader's house. His name is Welton Balla, he said he wants to talk to you before we do. He's a character, very missionary centered.

This past week, out of the 300 people in Fred 295 of them were either getting in last minute shopping, or hunting. (Hunting season ends the start of Jan.) Or they were sick, there's been a couple of bad flew virus going around. We're alright though, don't worry.

So I pulled out my recorder last night and started listening to some of the recordings I sent you.... The ones at the beginning with Elder Clark, that's not who I am any more, I was embarrassed to hear myself say some of those things.

I'm almost out of time I need to go.

Love you, Talk to you on Christmas
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment