Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010


I think this picture accurately represents my last transfer.


Hey, my address is:
1531 Country Club Rd.
Lake Charles, La.
Box # 826 70605

I wrote the wrong address on the envelope, the address the mission office gave you (above) is correct.
I was actually just thinking the other day that you will probably be leaving in about 2 weeks....good times. Maybe you will get a taste of what I am living in down here.

Talk about humidity, that's fog as I was leaving Jasper


My new area is a city I would say pretty close to the size of Layton...all of Layton. That means lots of houses which means lots of tracting. Last Saturday almost all of our appointments fell through. We did a lot of tracting in the sun. We have probably 3-4 "searching" investigators. The ward seems pretty cool, it's nice to have a ward mission leader that is "on the ball" (he's actually an assistant to the mission leader, the W.M.L. is away working on the oil spill.) We don't get fed as often here, it seems like the members are more hospitable in the country. Or maybe it's just Louisiana.

THIS PLACE IS CRAZY!!!! people say drivers in Utah are bad.... they're practically NASCAR drivers compared to these ragin'-Cajuns.

For their sakes' I am glad Elder Clark never served with Elder Hugentobler. They both want to work hard, but are pretty much the opposite in every other way. Elder Clark was a goofball and had a temper, Elder "H" is serious and more patient. More like myself I think. Technically I am a senior companion by 1 transfer- but that doesn't mean I am a better missionary.

How am I doing? I'm' learning a ton and sweating just as much.

The voice recorder needs a program to put recording back on it. The device came with the program but the library computers won't let me install it. I think if I can install the program on the recorder itself instead of on the computer I might be able to listen to files emailed to me. I need to try it first though.

Could you please get me Tyler Christensen's Mailing /E-mail Address? I think it would be good for him to kind of know what to expect.

This was on the back of a semi truck.

I'm going to send this now so I can send some pictures. love you bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment