Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 7, 2010


Hi,
Was Dad praying for me to go to Cajun country? That's right, I'm in Lake Charles Louisiana. It's a pretty big city, well big compared to Jasper any way. My new address is : 1531 Country Club Road. Box: 826. We stay in some apartments, their pretty nice. Sorry, no pictures or voice today left them both in the car. I seem to have misplaced one of my memory cards during transfers. I think I know where I left it in Jasper, but if not it's alright. There weren't any pictures on it that you don't have.

Tell me about it! I love Gatorade, especially in this heat and humidity. It is supposed to be in the 90's with the heat index in the 100's all week I heard. Outside right now, the only way I can describe it is like the first summer we went to pageant. This is the first time I think it has really been this humid...or maybe it is just more humid because I am that much closer to the gulf. Have you heard if the oil spill is supposed to affect the weather at all?

My new companion is Elder "Hugentobler" (I think I spelled it right) He is from Manti. He came out one transfer after me and has been here for one transfer. The elder that used to be here was Elder Farley, the elder who had been in leader ship most of his mission. He got transferred home, he flies out on Weds.

I lost my copy of Mo. Tab. "Showtime" if you could send me another copy of that along with the soundtrack to the New Testament seminary videos (not really sure what it is called, but I know it is available to buy) I would really appreciate it.

I'm really tired right now. It is probably because I got up at 6:00 and haven't had any breakfast or lunch. On the bright side, the scale at the apartment said I weighed 195lbs. in full missionary dress, shoes and all. (Jasper didn't have a scale)

I wish the summer meant I could relax and sleep in. The good news is that Elder Hugentobler doesn't have a bike, and the area is really big so no biking for at least 6 weeks probably more. Elder Clark is supposed to be sending a package home for me today. I'll make sure he remembers. Oh ya, no more bunk beds, not in this apartment anyway.


TEXAS BBQ!


The barbecue last night was really fun but I felt kind of gross afterwards. Not sick, just Blah....


Leftovers !


10 min left.... hmmm. Is Ethan going to BYU in the fall? or summer?
Well, we'll see how things go, talk to you next week, Love you! bye!

Photos are of Micheal Ratclif's Birthday BBQ in Jasper Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment