Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 5, 2010

Hey there,

Did you get last weeks email? I sent it again to both you and dad just in case. I am going to start doing that with all my emails in case one doesn't work for some reason.

This week Elder Clark got sick. Sunday night he was up for like 3 hrs. puking. Or so he tells me. I think the spirit prompted me to put my earplugs in, (I got them because he had been snoring in his sleep). It was the first time I had ever slept with them in and I slept through the whole ordeal.

So, Monday night we got a couple of lessons in. Yesterday I only left the apt. to go out to the car, didn't even get dressed up. Having nothing to do and being bored just before a phone call in not good. It makes you homesick and trunky. So one of the things I did yesterday to preoccupy myself was reminisce of our trip to DC. I put all the monuments/museums we visited as favorites in the GPS. I also marked the SLC, Bountiful, and Logan temples, the Conference Center, and all the addresses on that orange piece of construction paper you gave me. Speaking of that, could you ask Carrisa and Kyle for their new address? Also, when I went to put Shane and Donna in there was already a little car on a lift over their address that said Egan automotive I thought that was kind of cool. Needless to say I was bored yesterday.

F.Y.I. P-day will be on Tuesday next week. So I won't get any letters written on Wednesday morning.

It is starting to get really humid down here, not looking forward to the summer. I also hit 5 months on Sunday, can you believe that?

So our monthly miles budget is 1465 miles. Last Thursday 4/29 we were at about 1405 miles. Well, we had to go to Beaumont for a leadership meeting. We drove to Sillsbee so we could carpool with those Elders the rest of the way. Ya.... their battery was dead, and they had to give a blessing at a hospital. The GPS could not find the hospital. Then we had to drive over to Woodville so Elder Clark could do a baptism interview. By the end of the day we had gone 236 miles. That's almost a 5th of our monthly limit in one day....at the end of the month!

I wish I could tell you a really cool spiritual experience because I know that's what you want to hear but I can't think of any at the moment, sorry! We don't have anymore baptisms line up until the start of June (5th) just before transfers.

Elder Gardner says he sent his pictures of our baptisms in Jan. & Feb. home. So, you could email his mom for copies of them. I never took any, I always left my camera in the car and meant to copy them off his memory card, but never did. I've filled up all the micro cassets I have so I will send those home either today or next week. I might send the memory card with them.

Well I got to go, talk to you on Sunday.
Love you Bye!

Yes, and I got the GPS it came on Saturday. Go figure, one package takes 6 days another 3 days!

I will probably call Between 2-3 central no promises though church is from 10-1 here plus branch correation meeting until about 1:30 so defenitly after that. We're going to talk with members today about using their phone on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment