Sunday, December 4, 2011

November 28, 2011 - Final Letter

I'm sending a couple of Large Flat-Rate boxes home today. You can open them or leave them taped up; there's nothing perishable in them. The weather has taken a wintery turn this week. it's been in the high 30s - low 50s at night. Our vehicle coordinator returned our Malibu back to us, all fixed up.
I'm souvenir shopping today, thanks for the thoughts. I will probably only bring 3 or 4 of my short sleeve shirts back, they are pretty frayed on the edges. I'm also planning on leaving my pillow and bedding seeing as I still have some at home....right?
The weeks been alright. Yesterday the Bishop made fun of me in priesthood opening exercises because I only have a few days left. Other than that it was a pretty good service. Sacrament meeting was one of the best I've been to. A recent convert that was baptized in September gave a really superb talk on the Holy Ghost, he was pulling stuff out of the Scriptures, Gospel Principles manual, Bible dictionary...it was great.
Thanksgiving was nice. The Mission President gave us the day off because no one wants to be bugged by the missionaries on Thanksgiving. We spent the afternoon with the High Priest Group Leader and his family. It was a good dinner.
On a different note we had a member take us 30-35 miles to another missionaries apartment for exchanges, after we switched we went back outside and the member was gone. (It was raining by the way pretty hard compared to Utah- actually the hardest I've sen it rain here all year. I've never been stranded on my mission before, so we went back inside and called the assistants. Thankfully they were able to pick us up and take us back to Dayton. I guess we just had a miscommunication about needing a ride back.
Kameron and his wife are still interested, we just can't get them to come to church, mostly because he works until at least 1-2 in the morning, so it's hard for him to get up in the morning.
I'm not sure whether I'll be able to read email next Monday, just so you know.
I don't know if you've been making plans already, But I really would like it if it was just you guys at the airport. People can show up at the house that night after we've been home a while if they want. I don't know what the plan is for meeting with the Stake Pres. I can't believe I'm actually writing this. It makes me feel like I'm being trunky. Sorry if this email is really BLAH I'm kind of depressed right now.
I think I'm probably going to need to see an Ear Nose and throat doctor when I get back. My cough is creeping back, I'm taking really deep breaths, I'm unusually tired and I'm forever in a "mental cloud/haze" if that makes sense. Some days are worse than others.
Ok I need to go. I'm almost out of time. Love you. SEE you soon. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment