Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 7, 2011

Hey,

Well it's November....weird. This week has honestly not been the best. I've been sick since Tues. with a cough/sore throat/sinus congestion/TIRED. We taught a total of 6 lessons this week. My all time low, because I've been in bed so much trying to get better. I just picked up some antibiotics from Walgreen's this morning. Hopefully that will help. I haven't gotten around to calling anyone about the bike shipping info. I've just been blahh.

We learned that Elder Rasband of the presidency of the seventy is meeting with the 3 Houston missions this Friday. Maybe I'll see Tyler again.

On the good news, we met a Police Officer named Kameron this week (yes with a K) he pulled the missionaries in Kingwood over this past summer and asked for a Book of Mormon and for them to teach him a little. Somewhere in between then and now there was a miscommunication and the missionaries here in Dayton lost contact/forgot/weren't told about him. We knocked on his door on Wednesday and he came to the door with his copy of the Book of Mormon and said he'd already read 1st Nephi, it felt good and he's prayed about it and it felt good. He's also really educated, he knows that the Bible isn't perfect and that there could be additional scripture. If anyone is going to be baptized into this ward before I leave it's him.

A song for sacrament meeting, the only two that came to my mind were Come, thou fount of every blessing or Come, come ye saints. I know Come, come ye saints, is associated with the pioneers but I think a lot of the lyrics apply to missionary work also. If you want to pick something else you can I really don't care.

I also learned this week that of the 4 of us flying to SLC myself and another elder are flying to Phoenix and then to SLC. Well the other 2 Elders are flying to Minneapolis and then to SLC, and they're supposed to land 10 min before us,....weird.

Thanks for the Birthday cards!

Sorry, my head's been in a cloud for a few days now...I'm drawing a blank on what else happened this week.

We also found out that Pres. Crawford is starting to make changes (meetings and such) I'm glad I'm leaving right before he starts to do this. It's just not what I "grew up" with.

Thanks for the $$$ that should be enough, Bike included.

See you soon,
Love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment