Monday, March 22, 2010

March 17, 2010

Hi Everyone,
Well, we were right. Elder Gardner was transferred to be a Zone Leader in Kingwood.

Saying good bye



Our District

My new companion is Elder Clark, from Nephi, Ut. He was transferred from Lake Charles, Louisiana where he trained a missionary that came out from the MTC with me. I am not sure if I will stay another 1, or 2 transfers.
I am making a resolution to include more in my emails starting this transfer. I don't remember if I told you, President is letting us go to the temple in a week to reward us for working hard and being obedient. So, I may email Tues., Weds. or Thurs. I think Within the next 4 weeks or so I would like a GPS. I don't care if it is the one we got from Donna or if it is new. I realized it would be a good way to remember where members live if I ever came back, as well as being able to have one where ever I am transferred. Right now we are using one the branch owns so it will stay with the area. I would get one myself but I bet you can get a better price on the Web.
Alright now about the work. We have a baptism schedules for May 1st but we are going to try to get her to move it up a week or two. The investigator is ------ she is a 17 year old girl whose dad is inactive and mom is not a member. Their family has a pregnant pit bull that would like to kill us if she could get off her chain. She was almost baptized a year ago, but she and her member friend got in a fight. Now they are friends again but somewhere along the line the missionaries stopped teaching her. Probably in one of the transfers.
Our other soon to be baptism is ---------. She is the 14 year old girl I was talking about with the stake conference and relying on Elder Gardner for her testimony .She hasn't set a date yet but we know she will. The problem is that her member friend, the reason we met her in the first place, and her are not getting a long very well right now.
Don't get the Idea we are only teaching teenage girls. Those two are just the closest to baptism right now. Dang it, I will ask Elder Gardner for Baptism pics of the 2 baptisms we had in Jan. & Feb.
Alright, going to send pics now, love all bye!


Here's my new hair cut. I think I went a little to short on top, Ha Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment