Sunday, April 4, 2010

We were able to go to lake Charles for Elder Clark's baptism. We stopped at a flying J in Orange, TX and I bought an Alligator head & an alligator foot back-scratcher. It's basically an alligator foot on a stick. Sorry I didn't get to email you yesterday, the library computers are still down, so we are at a member's house again today (the only members I know of in this branch that have more than one computer).

L__ moved her Baptism date up to April 24th. It is the Saturday just before transfers...just in case. We have had a lot of people who said we could come back that we have tracted into this week. It is starting to get hotter, it was in the 70s the other day.

Next P-day I am going to send you a package, I guarantee it will make any sort of ribs, burgers, pork chops, roast, etc. better. Similar to bacon, but in my mind better. sorry this is so random I am just writing what I want as I remember it. Tuesday we typed the wrong address into the GPS for out dinner appointment. I had only been there once, with the GPS set on lowest miles setting not fastest time, and it is quite a ways off the highway, so I wasn't that concerned when we LEFT OUR AREA, and turned onto dirt, county roads that the GPS thinks are paved. We can't tell it to avoid unpaved roads. When we realized that we had the wrong address in the GPS we put the right one in but it thought the fastest way was through dirt county roads.....in the dark. Yeah, those roads were really meant for trucks, not for a Chevy Malibu.

We finally were able to get back to the main highway and get to dinner. We had an appnt. w/ L__ @ 6:15 so I figured we would be there about 7:30. ya, we left L__'s @ 7:40.... we got to dinner @ 9:00. Dinner was crawfish. We left dinner at 9:40 & got home about 10:27. We couldn't have dinner earlier because we had an appnt. at 5:00 with Aaron and Desert. They are 8 and 10 respectively. They are our branch President's nephew's son & daughter. Their parents are inactive members. They want to come to church again, but it is hard for them. He has "elephantitis"(?) in his right leg. We have taught their kids the first 2 lessons so far.

You said Tim is going to Costa Rica? Are you still going to be the Y6 Cast Team Leaders at Pageant? Oh, yeah, we looked at Wal-mart & could not find that "watch" you were talking about. Sorry I am not answering more of your questions, I need to start writing down all the questions I get in your letters onto a single piece of paper that I can bring with me to the computer.

I don't think I am getting an accent down here, but I think my vocabulary and grammar are degrading. All right my time is just about up. Looking forward to your Easter packages. Oh, yeah, don't pickup scared dogs....they pee!

Love you all, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment