Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 21, 2010

Hey,
Sorry that is all you got I sent that off at the beginning of the e-mail session hoping you would maybe answer it before I got off. {He asked what kind of GPS?} I'm not sure why you didn't get my other letter. My email said it sent it off, maybe because we were emailing from a different place. I sent it to you again. I also sent a copy to dad just in case it didn't work again.

So, for either Friday night or FHE I strongly recommend watching "The Best 2 Years". Maybe it was funnier for me because I am on my mission, but it was hilarious and pretty realistic. The missionaries were all really extreme but I would not be surprised if there are some missionaries that are like that.

As you probably know Elder Spackman is going home in a week. One of my zone Leaders Elder Frakes has been assigned to fill the calling. It is pretty unusual actually, Elder Frakes has only been out a little over a year. Usually that calling is filled by more senior missionaries. So right now I only have one zone leader until transfers on Monday. He is bouncing around with some other missionaries in Beaumont. I don't know if I will be transferred or not. I think it's a 50/50 chance.

We have not got mail today yet, but I still have not gotten the GPS package. I have not had the chance to mail that package yet but I will today. Also I had a Black Jerry Garcia tie That was tearing in the back. Would you please send it out the next time you send something, I'll even sew it in my spare time if I need to.

We still have a baptism this Saturday. The interview is tonight. So, we are pretty sure it will go through. Elder Gardner is hoping to make it back for it.

Something else I wrote down to tell you, I have learned to love to mix my rice with whatever comes with it chili, gumbo, ect.

Also, on a sad note the bishop of the Buna ward died on Monday. A tree fell on him, not sure what happened beyond that.

Almost out of time, love you bye,


We cut this tree down 2 weeks ago after wards we learned it was really dangerous and we won't be doing it again.

Sorry still no picture of Elder Clark, that's him in the red.


I had more time than I thought. Um, tell Robin not to complain to me about going back to school "now I've got homework, now I've got to get up early, now I don't get to see my family (cousins, aunts and uncles) for a long time." Don't even give that to me Robin! You will see your family again before 2 years. You can call them if you want. You can still sleep in on Saturdays and holidays, so don't complain to me. {Apparently, Wesley feels strongly about this}

It is getting hotter down here. Its getting into the 70/80's now, not looking forward to summer. But maybe because it was so cold this winter, or because of the volcano in Iceland it will be a cooler summer.

I can't believe school is almost out. It is the first time in 12 years that school ending means nothing to me. It's weird!

Ok got to go now,
Love you, bye!


(These are my favorite things from my mission so far. The Bom (Book of Mormon) is from President Mouldenhauer. We are going though and marking all references to Christ right now. the Beanie baby is a polar bear given to me by some members. The gator head I bought at a gas station in Orange.....It's from Florida.)



No comments:

Post a Comment