Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 3, 2010 - From Wes

Hi Everyone,
The church seems to have struck some sort of a deal with Google. The new email system that we're using is powered by Gmail, which is awesome! I said in my last email how the old email was pretty basic, well I don't have to use it anymore. I really am quite pleased now. I can save drafts like you suggested, and the browser auto saves drafts every couple of minutes, so no more accidentally deleting your email or running out of time! : D I think I can also send and receive more/bigger pics, too.

In one of the first pictures I sent home you can see that one of the corners of the bike box got thrashed and one of the brake pads for the front tire is missing. Could you please send me a new one/pair there is no bike shop in our whole area.

Niether I or Elder Gardner got transferred, he probably will in 6 weeks though. Elder Hoffman, who is related to the Stewart's down the street, came out one transfer before me and he is already training! He picks up his Greenie today. Right now we have 2 baptism dates for February, hopefully we will have another 2-5 for the rest of Feb.-Mar. Our goal as a mission last month was to double baptisms in January last year (14) so our goal was 28 our actual count was 36 : ) This months goal is again to double baptisms for the month (21 in to 42) The goal for the year is to double the baptism average over the last 10 or so years 267 into 534.

This week I got to drive a car for the first time in 9 weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment