Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 10, 2010

Hi,
Last Thursday Elder Gardner and I had to be down in Beaumont for a meeting that started at 7:00 A.M., so we needed to be there about 6:45-50. Beaumont is a little over 1 hr. away, so we needed to leave @ 5:15 and get up @ 4:45 in order to have a "safety cushion" as it were. We carpooled with the missionaries form Buna in order to save miles, as we pass them on the way to Beaumont. We got there 10 minutes early and no one was at the building! We thought we were at the wrong building but everyone was "late" because of the rain. I think everyone showed up between 6:55 and 7:00, so no one was actually late.

I knocked a door this past week where (a daughter I think) made eye contact and waved through the door window- then went back into the house and the house went quiet. We knocked again and got no response. As we were leaving we saw the family driving away. I guess they couldn't think of an excuse not to talk to us so they left the house!

I made a personal amendment to the missionary handbook this week, it says: "Follow your host in the use of eating utensils" ( or lack thereof). Ribs are good!!

We currently have four baptism dates set as a companionship, and 61 dates in February as a mission. We've had 4 baptisms in Feb already. We hope to extend another baptism commitment possibly tonight, and another commitment or two in the coming days. Our investigator/convert is getting married on Sat. & getting baptized a week after that.

It is amazing how down to earth the members are down here. There is almost no beating around the bush or backbiting. There is a whole different kind of Mormon down here.

If you or dad ever see Johnathan or his mom could you please get his address so I can write him occasionally?

Please pass my congrats on to Carrissa!

I found a letter today I wrote a month ago and never mailed I will put it in the mail today or tomorrow. Thanks for everything! I look forward to your letters and everyone's packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment