Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 7, 2009

I can only use the computer for 30 minutes on P-day. Please write me at dearelder.com (tell everyone, please!). As long as I am at the MTC it is free and same day service. They will print it up as a letter I can read anytime. I think the letter from my mission Pres. said no I-pods, but I don't know. I got my debt card today.

My companion is from North Carolina going to North Sydney. There is another Elder in my district that is from North Carolina and has never seen more than 2 inches of snow or a snow plow before. It is funny to hear him.

It is freezing down here. I would appreciate it if you would send a hat (beanie or something like that), gloves and if possible that space heater we use to have. We are in the basement of our Residency Halls and relatively close to the main stairwell. I have resorted to putting both blankets (MTC issued and Comforter from home), pants and socks on at night and am still waking up cold at about 6:00 ish.

Everyone says that after Yesterday things go by faster......we'll see. The first day I ran into Elder Casey (here for 9 weeks!), Elder Larson, and I am in the same building with an Elder I went to school with. I saw Elizabeth Smart yesterday at dinner. I didn't know she was still at the MTC. I was really homesick at first, but that too is also getting better. I figured that this morning marked the longest I had gone without seeing my family. Hopefully, I am setting a record that I never have to break. You can tell Donna that my response that night was "HOLY CRAP!!!!" I figured I read about a page a day 97 days, 100/99 pages in between my call and getting to the MTC. { I don't think he finished this thought.}

Apparently, Missionaries at the MTC have a tradition of trading/bartering ties anytime someone leaves. It's actually pretty funny. The first 2 days I stained 2 ties! But no more since, thankfully.

Each companionship in the district got an Ensign. It was kind of depressing since President Eyering's message was all about being home for Christmas.

I'm almost out of time so I gota go. Tell Ethan his letter really meant a lot to me! {Ethan snuck a letter into his suitcase the night before} I miss all of you and can't wait to hear from you and see you all in 2 years. Only 724 more days!

Bye
(I will try to send a letter each P-day, also)

We also received a written letter. I think it is mostly things he forgot in his e-mail.

I forgot to write that for breakfast, lunch and dinner I get at least 1 cup of skim milk. {Our family milk consumption went from 5 gallons a week to 2 a week} The reason why Ty {our neighbor} was so desperate for Dr. Pepper is because they don't have ANY Dr. Pepper here. I have already seen 2 Elders with HCP (Hill Cumorah Cast) shirts, 2005 and 2008. Also please send an extension cord (nothing big). Just had a fun time with the Racquetballs { we sent some with him}. I can't wait to have a "REAL" bathroom.

Hope to hear form you, Wesley

1 comment:

  1. Wesley, this makes me smile. I would write you a letter on dearelder, but I need your MTC mailbox number, otherwise I can't, which is sad. I am glad that you are doing so well!!! haha I like your count down... silly Wesley. I mean Elder. Both work!! haha I will try to write soon!!!

    -Jacque

    ReplyDelete